REMOTE SUPPORT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This is here simply for legal reasons. At Aesir Systems we consistently deliver what we promise and leave our customers happy with our service. However, should you have any concerns or if you are interested in your legal rights then please read through the following.
Aesir Systems is a Proprietary Limited company incorporated in the Republic of South Africa and are subject to all relevant laws and regulations. Our company registration number is 2017/448571/07.
The term ‘Aesir Systems’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website and provider of the Remote Support service.
The term ‘you’ refers to the user of our service or viewer of our website.
Our Remote Support Disclaimer
Whilst we embark on taking all due care in the use of your computer, Aesir Systems cannot guarantee this service will resolve the IT problem or that the attempt to resolve technical issues will not cause additional problems requiring an onsite or back‐to‐base support call.
Aesir Systems is not liable for any consequential damages and it is the client’s responsibility to backup all applications and data prior to the session.
NB. Please close any personal or confidential information on your screen, as the technician will be viewing your desktop.
By using this Remote Support Service, you understand that:
- All remote services and software are provided at the customer’s sole risk.
- You are responsible for the backup of your data and applications.
- Aesir Systems is not liable for consequential damages of any kind.
- Aesir Systems is not liable for unauthorised access to anybody’s computers via the remote software used.
- Aesir Systems will not disclose passwords or IDs to any undisclosed 3rd party.
The ability for Aesir Systems to remotely access your computer significantly enhances our ability to resolve your technical problem quickly.
You understand that, by requesting such assistance, you are providing Aesir Systems technical support personnel with access to and control of your computer.
In doing so, you could be providing Aesir Systems technical support personnel with access to files that reside on your computer therefore, you accept responsibility for any changes made to the desktop content or system settings.
Aesir Systems does not assume and is not responsible for any liability for the linking and viewing of any desktop content, the operation of the remote access software or system performance.
Aesir Systems recommends that, for your security and privacy, you exit any open applications that contain personal or confidential information before initiating a remote support session with the Aesir Systems representative.
Aesir Systems further recommends that you remain seated at your desktop throughout the entire remote session.
By accepting these terms and conditions, you acknowledge that remote intervention may in some cases result in data loss and/or software corruption on your computer therefore Aesir Systems explicitly recommends that you back up the data from your computer before accepting remote technical support.
If you do not back up your data, you run the possibility of irretrievable loss of such data and Aesir Systems will not be liable for any data or extra costs incurred from 3rd parties, however caused.
Aesir Systems uses a mix of secure, proven and commercially available software to provide remote assistance and technical support. Features of this software include:
- Easy to use and secure. You are in full control and can end the session at any time. – Completely secure data channels with RSA 2048 asymmetric key exchange, as well as TLS 1.2 encryption technology ‐ the same standard used across the banking sector.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems remotely.
- Allow your support representative to view or control your desktop.
- Transfer files via direct transfer to or from the support representative (optional).
- The remote support software will be run once-off or installed onto your computer so that we can obtain remote access at any time with your permission. If you wish to delete, uninstall the software or turn it off, please contact us and we will explain how to do this.
The Remote Connection
When you have agreed to use our remote service, you will need to initiate a secure connection with one of our support engineers.
In order to create this connection, you will download the software from a link that is sent via Whatsapp or email, or the software will already have been installed at your consent.
After use, the software installed can either be removed from your machine or left on for future use in either an activated or deactivated state. This choice is yours and you should indicate to the Aesir Systems technical support representative which option you prefer.